If you are renting out or selling a property, you know that there is a lot of work involved in preparing the property to be shown in its best light. Staging is a service that can make the difference in how quickly the property sells and the price for which it sells. This is because most potential buyers have difficulty imagining how their own belongings will fit in the space. They need a reference point and staging supplies one. To be clear, staging is “not decorating or design, which is personalizing.” (Source: StagedHomes.com) Rather, staging is decluttering and depersonalizing a space and then adding furnishings that will create an environment that will appeal to the greatest number of potential buyers. (Source of following chart: StagedHomes.com)
A survey conducted by the International Association of Home Staging Professionals and StagedHomes.com found that 95% of ASP Staged homes sell on average in 11 days or less compared to an average of 90 days for non-staged homes. (Source: StagedHomes.com) The National Association of Realtors 2015 Profile of Home Staging reports that, “On the average, staged homes sell for 5% higher than unstaged homes.” (Source: StagedHomes.com) Nationally, the cost of staging is roughly 1% of the sale price and typically less than a price cut for a property that has not sold after months on the market. It is also deductible as an advertising expense for primary & secondary homes.
A home stager is the ally of the realtor and home owner. He or she can take the overwhelming job of preparing a property for sale and break it down into manageable tasks, ensuring that these tasks are accomplished on time to take quality photos. It is the photos that bring in potential buyers. The ASP is the credential awarded to stagers who have been trained by StagedHomes.com, which founded the home staging industry. As an ASP Stager, I have been trained to work with a seller’s concerns, budget, and time frame to properly stage a house.
Jordan Home Services, LLC offers the following staging services:
- Site assessment or discovery session: Half-hour tour of site. I discuss how I would stage it if hired to do so.
- Staging consult: One to two-hour site visit to take photos and measurements, as well as to interview seller. The result is a detailed written staging plan. The seller does the work.
- Staging vacant properties: JHS supplies all furnishings. The staging plan takes into account the scope of work, timeline, and budget.
- Staging furnished properties: I use the seller’s furnishings, supplemented with my own if necessary. The staging plan takes into account the scope of work, timeline, and budget.
- Staging for living: JHS rearranges your furniture in one visit so that you feel more comfortable in your space.
PLEASE INQUIRE FOR RATES. Jordan Home Services carries liability insurance for our mutual benefit. Call now to schedule a free site visit! Realtors take 10% off a staging consult.